Apparently I didn't scratch the itch in my brain hard enough, as I still had a few ideas floating around as far as ways to alter this polka dot paper. They were actually the original ideas, so I probably should've started with them instead of getting all carried away with trying to make the polka dots into something else.
Anyway, I executed two finished products and a sample to add to the list. Guilt-free, I might add, since I spent 12 hours yesterday packing, and 6 hours today reupholstering my cousin's dining room chairs. This first one is distressed (as in crumpled and torn) and antiqued (as in brayered over with Desert Sand ink and inked edges, as well).
The next one is called "Ignore the polka dots and keep stamping", and is a CD folder:
I actually like both of these better than any of the previous ones - closer to my style and better aligned with my design sensibilities (yeah, like I'm an authority...) Anyway, I'm quite happy with these results, and both were MUCH easier than trying to manipulate dots into being "not dots". The final item is just a piece that I sanded to tone down the brightness of the dots and make them softer - like the ones Korin used in her card and all... Didn't want to CASE hers, and hit a wall idea-wise (just too tired!)
So, that's the rest of the Polka Dot Story. I'm done and done and done! Also, it's past my bedtime...
I do have another experiment that I started tonight with transparencies, but I need daylight and less-bleary eyes to finish it, so I'll share it a different day. Good night, all!