As promised, here is a new project, complete with tutorial:
- 4 1/4" x 11" strip of cardstock
- 2 1/2" x 3 3/4" piece of cardstock
- 2 1/4" x 3 1/2" piece of patterned paper
- desired embellishment
- word window punch
- 3/4" circle punch
- 7" strip of cardstock or ribbon(s) (not shown)
Score the 11" strip at 3", 5 1/2", and 8". Fold into a "W" shape, as shown. The pocket in the center of the card (shown above) is made by making three punches into the center fold, as shown below:
Line up the edge of the word window punch with the edge of the fold, with the fold itself about halfway into the punch. Punch this section out, then slide the punch to the other edge of the fold and punch again. Now, line up your 3/4" circle punch in the center of the two previous punches, with the edge halfway into the punch as shown below, and punch again. It will look like this when you're done:
The first pic below shows what your strip looks like fully open, and where to apply adhesive. My tape runner was acting up, and I'm too impatient to start over, so it's not pretty, but still functional. The second one shows what the inside of your holder should look like after you fold the center fold again with the adhesive applied. This creates the pocket to put the gift card into.
Decorate the outside (and inside, if you want to), and make a "belly band" to slide around the center of the holder to keep it shut. I used two strips of ribbon held together with adhesive where they overlapped, and sandwiched between a small piece of paper and the foam tape that the floral embellishment is adhered to.
That's all there is to it!
I used my scallop circle punch and a 1/8" hand punch to make the brown piece, then used a flower punch to make the green leaves, then a daisy punch to make two layers of pink petals, then a small flower punch to make the white center. All the layers are pop-dotted for dimension, and I put a small brown brad into the white flower before adhering it. The patterned paper is left over from my "Cowctus" card. The colors for the SCS color challenge last week were Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, and Chocolate Chip. I have none of these colors in actual Stampin'Up! products, but these colors are pretty close, I think. The cardholder itself was the technique challenge, too.
Okay, I think I'll go see what the Mr. is up to now - thanks for stopping by and have a great evening!