...or something like that! We got dumped on yesterday (after enjoying near-50 degree temperatures the day before), and are experiencing wind chills nearly 20 below zero today - lucky us! Here's what our front yard looks like AFTER Greg shoveled and plowed:
Yes, that pile of snow is, in fact, higher than his truck! That barely-visible stick in the yard marks the sewer vent location, and is about six feet high, as well....
Even though, technically, I could conceivably get in my car and go somewhere, there's not a lot of motivation for any of that nonsense, ya know? Besides - I have many, many projects in the works right now!
We're getting ready to put our house on the market in the next month or two, so I've been sprucing up and organizing and all of that. I've reupholstered the other chair for my studio and made valances for the windows (finally!) and made new curtains for our bedroom and dealt with all of the "stuff" in the attic and the basement and purged and tossed and such. I've also been consolidating and organizing in my studio. Here's the latest project:
What you are looking at is the interior of one of the two closets in my studio. This room is/was intended as a bedroom, but since Greg and I are the only inhabitants here and we actually enjoy sharing a room, this one is pretty handy for use as a studio! The other closet is the original one and this one is the result of the bathroom renovation. Greg bumped out the bathroom wall to annex some of this bedroom space, but didn't want to disturb the tub area, so the bumpout created a closet - perfect! I've reconfigured it a few times, and this is the latest incarnation.
There's an outlet inside the closet, and a wireless router across the room, so I keep my laptop right there most of the time. I have my cutting mats and gridded ruler hanging on a Command hook on the inside of the door. On the shelf above the computer is my current ink pad storage solution. I bought a couple of locker-looking "cabinets" at Hobby Lobby on clearance a while back. I took the drawers out and put the ink pads in. Two of the drawers are on top of a CD crate between the two cabinets, with a strip of wood spanning them to support more ink pads.
The shelf above the ink storage is my "new and improved" way to store embellishments. I've previously done the "color drawer" thing, where everything of that particular color is in that particular drawer. I've tweaked that idea slightly here. I took photo storage cases and did this:
I have two cases (for the most part) for each color. One has gems, eyelets, frames, brads, etc., in little baggies (in the jewelry department at most crafty stores) to contain them and for easy "digging through". The other has glitter, embossing powder, flocking and Stickles. I have them in ROYGBIV order, followed by neutrals and metallics, lined up on top of the CD crates. Inside the crates are more drawers from the "cabinets". They have larger jars of embossing powder and glitter that didn't fit in the photo cases. In the CD box on the far left are a couple of the Really Useful Boxes with my DIY ink spots and room for more.
There is another shelf above the two visible in the photo (well, two more, actually), but they are still works in progress and not photo-worthy... I still have ribbons and buttons in drawers, also by color, but I haven't taken any pictures of those yet. I have some other tweaks to finish up and then I'll take pictures of the whole room and share what I've been up to. Meanwhile, stay warm and have a great weekend! (We're almost there, after all...)